There have been significant increases in energy prices – a major component in web hosting and other cloud-based platforms – and the costs involved in the technologies, services and people we invest in.
Some of our services will be changing and some fees will be increasing from 1 June 2022. We are transparent about these increases, which is why we've published this blog post over two months in advance and displayed a banner at the top of our website.
We rarely change prices – the last major review was in 2019 – and it’s not something we take lightly. That said, some of the cost increases we’ve seen have been applying to us already. However, all our fees are frozen at the current rates until the end of May 2022.
Here’s how our pricing will look from 1 June 2022. For ease of reading, all amounts below exclude VAT, which is added for all UK clients and charged in some cases for EU clients.
- Monthly-paid bundled & WordPress plans will increase by £1 / €1.20 per month
- Annual-paid bundled & WordPress plans will increase by £10 / €12 per year
- Value Plus will increase by £5 / €6 per year and storage will increase to 1GB
- Unbundled hosting – no change to rates, other than overage
- We will be retiring the Five for 5 and Email First 200XL hosting plans
- Overage charge changes:
- Storage space overage fee will increase by 10p per GB
- Data transfer overage fee will increase by 2p per GB
Social media and blogging plans
Our off-the-shelf plans will be changing, alongside several improvements:
- The text-only Presence plan will be discontinued, due to imagery being so important on social media
- Photo Presence will evolve into Social Presence, for £29.99 per month or £299 per year. This will now include four image/photo posts per week (+ three text posts), plus there will be full flexibility to choose any two channels from this list: Twitter, Facebook Page, Instagram Business profile and LinkedIn Company page. Additional channels will still be available for an additional fee.
- Full Presence will evolve into Social & Blog Presence, for £69.99 per month or £699 per year. This will now include seven image/photo posts per week, plus there will be full flexibility to choose any two channels from this list: Twitter, Facebook Page, Instagram Business profile and LinkedIn Company page. Additional channels will still be available for an additional fee.
Some social media and blogging plans are bespoke. If this applies to you, we will be in touch with a personalised breakdown of changes.
Managed software update plans
Rate changes will be communicated by email.
Email campaign management platform plans
- Email 500 will increase by £5 / €6 per month
- Email 2500 will increase by £10 / €12 per month
- Email+ 15000 will increase by £20 / €24 per month
Rates for development, consulting and other time-based services
Rate changes will be communicated by email.
Bespoke service agreements
Rates will be reviewed as part of your usual review cycle. Please look out for emails from us at the time.
How your payments will be adjusted
Prices will be updated on the system on or shortly after 1 June 2022. The new rates will apply from your first invoice issued after the update.
You might need to take some action, depending on how you pay:
- Credit/Debit card on file: no action required - the correct amount will be requested from your bank / card company automatically
- Direct Debit: no action required - the correct amount will be requested from your bank automatically
- PayPal payment authority (where you authorise a maximum amount per month and we collect the appropriate amount): no action required - the correct amount will be requested from your PayPal account automatically
- PayPal subscription (where you sign up to pay a fixed amount on the same date per month): it is not possible for us to adjust these payments. After 1 June, you can either make an additional payment for each invoice to cover the price difference, or cancel your subscription and re-subscribe at the new rate.
- Standing order: you’ll need to adjust the standing order with your own bank. Look at your first invoice after 1 June 2022 for the new amount.
- Bank transfer / BACS: please ensure you pay the adjusted amount.
We thank our clients for their custom and trust, whether it’s been for a few days or much, much longer. Most new clients over the years have been gained as a result of recommendations from others and we are keen to continue to provide them with great expertise and personal service, all at good value, over the coming years as Enbecom continues to grow.
21st March 2022
Please note that articles are correct at the time of initial publication but are not usually updated.