The team behind WordPress have launched their latest version on the 1st November 2022, WordPress 6.1 Misha. The most up-to-date WordPress code name is derived from the name of a jazz pianist. The previous two updates were called WordPress 6.0 Arturo (inspired by a Grammy-winning jazz musician Arturo O’Farrill), WordPress 5.9 Joséphine (in honour of the acclaimed jazz singer – and lifelong civil rights campaigner – Josephine Baker). The two before – WordPress 5.8 Tatum (code name Tatum after Art Tatum) and WordPress 5.7 Esperanza (code name Esperanza after Esperanza Spalding).
The latest version Misha has been named after a Soviet-Norwegian jazz pianist, Mikhail “Misha” Alperin. He introduced the work of jazz ensembles in USSR and globally. In addition, he formed and gained acclaim as a member of a celebrated jazz formation, Moscow Art Trio. WordPress 6.1 Misha is now ready to download and it comes with an exciting set of new features. Let’s list the most powerful of them.
- New Twenty Twenty-Three Default Theme Powered by 10 Style Variations
- New and More Refined Templates in the Site Editor
- Fluid Typography and Fluid Spacing
- Content Only Editing for Blocks, Patterns, and Templates
- Inner Block Editing Capability
- Improved Block Locking
- More Customisation to the Global Style Interface
- Default Appearance of Typography for Headings and Buttons
- Default Colours of Headings and Buttons
- The Width of the Main Content Area and Block Spacing in the Global Layout
- Multiple Improvements in Design Tools
- Dimension Control to Blocks Like Paragraph, List, Table
- Featured Image in Cover Block
- Real-Time Visualiser for Padding and Spacing
- Ability to Manage Menu that’s Open and Upgrades to the Mobile Menu System
- Enhanced Accessibility of the Platform
This incredible number of amazing features and enhancements give the site owners more control and easier customisation while offering a more cohesive experience to users.
If you’re a client of our managed software updates service, you’ll have your site updated by one of our team shortly, alongside a proper manual check that the site is running OK afterwards. We’ll let you know if you need to update any plugins, themes, or bespoke code to work with the new version.
If you’re using an automatic update service, your site might have updated already or will do soon. Please check your site thoroughly to make sure that everything is still working OK; a version update like this might have a knock-on effect on plugins, themes, or bespoke code.
If you carry out updates yourself, be sure to read all the release notes and any information published by plugin/theme authors about knock-on effects. It’s recommended that you update your WordPress installation as soon as possible wherever your templates, plugins and any custom code allow. Take a backup and be sure that everything will be compatible before you update, and make sure that any custom code is transferred to your new installation where needed.
Pro WP hosting for WP pros
If you’re looking to supercharge your WordPress hosting, look at our feature-rich plans designed for hosting WP sites. Whether you’re a business owner or agency, there’s a plan for you.
In order to run WordPress 6.1 Misha, the following requirements are recommended:
- PHP 8.0 or higher
- MySQL 5.7 or higher, or MariaDB 10.1 or higher
- Nginx or Apache
WordPress 6.1 runs on PHP 7.4 but this version of PHP has its development and support ending in late 2022.
If you have any further questions regarding WordPress 6.1 Misha then contact Enbecom today.